Supported operating systems
|Support||Supported||Supported||No maintainers1||Supported||Supported||No maintainers1|
- Kaiteki has no support for Apple platforms (macOS, iOS, etc.) since there are no developers being able to maintain it. If you would like to take over, contact us.
- Mastodon and Misskey instances have by default HTTP headers which make the browser prevent sending requests within other domains like kaiteki.craftplacer.moe because of CORS. This makes effectively those backends unusable on web.
- Kaiteki does not support deep links for authentication yet. This means that websites that only support an OAuth2 login flow, are not usable with the web version. This might change in the future.
Currently the following backends are going to be supported by Kaiteki:
This table shows unique features from the supported backends and if they're implemented yet.
|Feature / Backend||Mastodon||Pleroma||Misskey|
|Notifications||Planned (#56)||Not supported|
|Polls||Not implemented yet|
|Formatting||N/A||Partially implemented||Partial MFM support
(no Markdown though)
|Chatting||N/A||Supported||Not implemented yet|
|Previewing||N/A||Supported||Not implemented yet||N/A|
|Official frontend themes||N/A||Planned (#50)||Planned (#51)||N/A|
- You cannot tweet to your Twitter Circle. 
- You cannot update your profile. 
- You cannot view your notifications. 
- Banners are not visible. 
- Direct messages are not available. 
- Not all tweets from a thread/conversation can be viewed. 
- Tweet caps are shared among Kaiteki users. 
- Tweets don't show whether they have been liked or retweeted before. 
1 Twitter does not expose the functionality in their API.
2 Feature was not migrated from v1. See Twitter API endpoint map | Docs | Twitter Developer Platform
3 See Twitter API v2 Tweet caps | Docs | Twitter Developer Platform.
4 Twitter doesn't offer an endpoint for retrieving conversations, but only offer a search endpoint which only returns tweets from the last 7 days. See Conversation ID | Docs | Twitter Developer Platform.
|Authentication Method / Backend||Mastodon||Pleroma||Misskey|
|Direct token entry||Planned (#105)|
|Login over credentials||Normal||Supported||N/A|
|2FA||N/A||Supported||Not implemented yet|
(authentication over browser)